Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 7 - Piazza del Popolo, Villa Borghese

What a Day! They say that Rome has 7 hills, and 10,000 steps. I can tell you we climbed them all today, twice, I am sure. But it was all worth it.

The magnificent gardens of the Villa Borghese has so much to offer, I am sure this is where the locals come to get away from it all. The gardens of busts, hundreds, too many to count, from Marco Polo to Leonardo da Vinci is a site on its own to behold.

We saw so many of the most historic churches with paintings too spectacular to describe. They say Rome is one of oldest cities but I have to say we have never seen any place more alive.
To end our day as we approach the Piazza Pantheon we can hear this wonderful Tenor, Antonio Nicolosi. Three Tenors step aside this is a voice and some!! Wow! I did take a movie of his singing but could not download it to our blog, What a shame.

Okay James & Noel, I promise this is the 4th and last time to climb the 109 steps to our wonderful home in Roma.

Eleanor


The Capital Marcus Aurelius by Michelangelo

Look Again James is under the Lion (between his legs)

We climbed them all from the oldest to the latest

No more!! No More !! I have climbed them all !!! James smirking, "That's what you think"

All those step, it was well worth it

Wow! What a view of the Piazza Del Popolo

Almost to the top. Carol Ann please carry me up the last flight of steps

We're not even going to think about how we will get down




One of the magnificent sites from the Villa Borghese "Temple of Aesculapius" the pagan god of medicine

Spanish Steps. so many people !! Unbelievable !!

Come on James, only 109 steps to our aprtment, this is only our 3rd time today

After thousands of steps I could eat a horse!

Carol Ann thinks it was a breeze

James "I just ate the horse"

Piazza Pantheon at night

No comments:

Post a Comment