Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 20 - Final Full Day in Italy

Okay it's day XX, one more day and back home we go. We have all tried through narrative and photography to give you our impressions during our marvellous excursion. This is my last offering and tomorrow it is left to James the daunting task of summing it all up.
Other than mentioning that today we made a special trip to Gallerie Academia to see the original David (I can describe it by saying it well lives up to its reputation, and is another WOW!). However right now I would rather use my turn to salute another thing of beauty, something I'm sure the others are feeling but not so far alluded to in print, it is a warm and wonderful friendship. As much as I shall treasure the memories of the art, the culture, the history and beautiful landscapes, so will I also remember how well the four of us enjoyed each others company. Thank you James and Eleanor for being our really good friends, better travelling companions one could not wish to have. It's been a slice! And thank you Carol-Ann for being here to enjoy this with me. You were great! Even with the ordeal of trying to sell our house over the internet and I began to falter you stayed positive and you were right. We did it! I love you. (Now there is two things in a row that you accuse me of not saying often enough, so don't expect it again soon.)

Photos of David were not allowed so the following picture is offered in lieu of that and another thousand words.

Arrivederci Italia.
Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment