Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 12 ' Roaming in Roma


The Stone Cold Facts
by Noel Martin

I chatted with a stone today,
And this is what it had to say:
“I speak to you of ages past,
When things man made were meant to last,
where fine art once reigned supreme,
Portrayed our world the way it seemed,
“No guile in art,” the stone went on,
“A stone like me you could stand upon,
Or use to build a temple strong,
Or carve a statue full of grace,
With a torso fine and noble face,
Immortalized for all to see,
A cruel tyrant’s vanity,
A philosopher, poet, or deity,
Or else to upon me etch an epic tale,
To remind mankind when memories fail.”
So spake the stone I met today,
And I pondered long while there I lay,
Ere I got up and walked away.
.................
P.S.P.S.P.S.P.S.P.S.
It may not take your breath away,
But I trust you found my poem okay,
Since To write it took me half a day,
‘Cause since it deals with olden times,
I thought I ought be sure it rhymes,
Besides I just detest free verse,
No punctuation the readers curse,
Sans capitals just makes it worse,
Not poetry at all I think,
(But who am I to raise a stink?)

Noel

Question: Big ham or giant Prosciutto?

Answer: Both

Another big ham!








No comments:

Post a Comment